Blog Post 6

I feel that Krukoski idea of how the feeling you get when you listen to an audio an auto on a well produced mic is different than the feeling we receive when listening to someone over the phone. The sounds may be different however I believe that the feeling can still be . It honestly depends on if we’re paying attention to what I said versus how it sounds. Unlike music where he says” they may not annunciate but are a they do get their feelings across,” the telephone gives us simple words which will call us to always focus on the words that someone is saying. Although the digital media does compress our voices the words at times can still hold feelings. I honestly was unable to follow the story that he was using to prove his point due to there being so much going on with the sound during the show. 

After reading the history of A.S.M.R I have a newfound respect for the genre. The way A.S.M.R was able to realize that some people enjoy the sounds because it replicates a mom touches. The soft and calming sensation can almost give that same comfort that you get. The way they mastered the art, of using the tones in their voice to maximize the effect.