Blog Post #6

1. I would agree with the ideas that were presented by Damon Krukowski in this episode of Ways of Seeing when he says “the sounds of our voice across digital lines are limited”. This could be proven because of how our voices can become disrupted by the digital coding of the cell phones. I agree with his analysis of how analog microphones can transmit a full range of sound whereas cellphone microphones compresses the voice because of how early musicians demonstrate the way it was used in the 1960s such as Frank Sinatra. This would prove that he is accurate when explaining how the intimacies of sound is different when it comes to digitial sounds because it does not let a person regulate their voice.

2. The most interesting point about sound that I discovered in this short history of A.S.M.R. would be how many different sounds there are that can have different effects on a person. I was always aware of the sensation that can be caused by certain sounds, but I was unaware of how many different sounds can trigger a persons senses.