Blog Post #5

The second episode of Damon Krukowski’s Ways of Hearing would be his way of describing the different sounds and the space around it. This podcast shows a huge similarity to the experiences that I encounter everyday. For example one of Krukowski’s guests Jeremiah Moss explains during the podcast “when I see people looking at the screens, I see people that are opting out of the street life of the city creating a private bubble”. This logic is very accurate because there are many times when I have been walking in public places such as Times Squares, subway stations, and even grocery stores while having my attention on my phone.. This helps to me to not focus on unnecessary things around me and makes it easier to navigate around certain places that are both over populated. Another good way of eliminating the noises of the environment would be earbuds. Krukowski and his guest Emily Thompson described earbuds as “an auditorium without walls”. I would agree with this comparison.  I would say that earbuds function the same way with me because it feels as though the sounds coming from the earbuds are as loud as stereos and other loud noises but the sound is only being bounced around inside our heads.