BLOG POST 5

As humans, we tend to isolate ourselves from each other. It is something we occasionally do, even if some of us have outgoing personalities. There is much reason why we may do this whether it’s to avoid attention or to stay out of the trouble, we tend to keep to ourselves. This attitude can be prominently be seen in New York City. In New York, we have public transportation called the MTA. On the MTA you can get to almost anywhere in the city. You will see many things on the MTA such as dancers, singers,  and homeless individuals. But one thing you will always see is the isolation people have from the rest of the city. Krukowski’s ideas about the use of earbuds are spot-on. David states that “In Tokyo, people pretend to go to sleep to avoid eye contact but here with all these headphones it’s like we’re avoiding ear contact.” This goes to show how people dont want to communicate with each other. It as if we’re all in our own little private space that we do not want to leave. You will most likely see 90% percent of the people on the bus or train with headphones on. It is highly unlikely that you will see people conversing with each other unless it’s a group of friends. Krukwoki’s idea does line up with my own experiences because I do these things as well. I put on my headphones to get away from the world and to stay out of trouble. Whether I’m watching a movie or listening to music I feel like I’m in my own comfy bubble.