Blog Post#5

“Ways of hearing’’ describes the impact of space and sound on people’s lives. Krukowski mentioned that “people wear headphones to avoid ear contact.” Whether on the street or on the subway, we can find that most people ignore many things around them and immerse themselves in their world with headphones. I feel the same about this. I don’t know when it has become a habit to wear headphones before going out. Compared to the noisy roads and noisy subways, I seem to be more willing to wear headphones to isolate myself from the world, and no longer listen to each other better and lack patience with things. After a long time, it seems that I am no longer interested in the sounds of the city. People have become more chasing for quality sound. For example, we are willing to pay to go to concerts. With the development of society and technology, people began to control sound and make the sound beautiful. Although this improves our quality of life, it also leads people to always ignore the most primitive and natural things. We should open the windows and remove the headphones to feel the special charm of the city.