Blog 1- Alfonso

According to Gerald Graff and Cathy Birkenstein, writer should use the model of “entering the conversation” in their writing because to be able to become a strong writer you got to be able to listen to others points of views. The model “I say…..They say” , is important because that will help you understand the other person point of view, making it easier to have a stronger arguments. The advantage of using this model are that the writer will have a stronger understanding of their own opinion and the other person opinion. Knowing what the other person going to say is an advantage because you can provided more evidence in why you disagree with the other person. Disagreeing with a person is easy but backing it up it is hard and this model helps alot.

I agree looking at artwork will help you analyze other situation by thinking outside the box, showing you more details to figuring out a solution. For example in the video it showed that there was a crime and the police officers were gathering information about the crime scene by looking at picture and drawing of the crime. For example I am a visual learner I have to look at thing to be able to understand the situation. If I do not have a physical image presented I will not understand the situation. Artwork help complex situation by being able to provide more details. Lastly artwork is fun to look at.