Introduction

Hello , My name is Karlline Delacruz

I am a freshman here at LaGuardia CC and I am very excited to embark on this new educational journey with everyone here at CUNY. I’m also a mother of two boys ages ten and seven we are from Brooklyn. This year will be very challenging since all three of us are going to be learning virtually. As we all face these difficult times of uncertainty one thing that I believe is in the certainty of education and opportunity to grow. I do hope that the circumstances change and allow us to be in a class room setting together as I believe that this is more beneficial to students. I’m not tech savvy but I am up for the challenge. I hope you and your lovely family are staying safe and in harmony.

9 thoughts on “Introduction

1. Karlline Delacruz

Hello,

Pleasure to meet you! You’re very welcome and yes that’ll be great ! I would really appreciate the help thank you so much for offering. I’m not sure if we can exchange information on this forum but please let me know how can we keep in touch . Hope you have a great day and stay safe !

1. Jose Jimenez

Hey everyone!

My name is Jose Jimenez, but majority of the time I go by Jay. I’m a freshman transfer student from The InterAmerican University of Puerto Rico and also a former US ARMY soldier! Currently, I’m in the Veterinary Technician Major program here at LaGuardia CC. I’m beyond ecstatic to start this semester and to venture the world of online learning now that we’re all stuck at home. I think It’s a great opportunity for students to really embrace & focus on learning without the added stress that is commuting in New York. That being said, I hope everyone rocks this semester, online learning could be tough but not impossible. I can’t wait to meet you all.

I hope you’re all safe and healthy, have a great rest of your day!

2. Dominik Kosmaty

My name is Dominik Kosmaty this is my first year in College. Recently separated form the millitary after serving five years now im looking forward to working on my civil engineering degree. My goals are too get into and finnish the FDNY Firefighter academy by next year and finish my bachelors in the next five years. I grew up in Brooklyn but im living in Queens now.

3. Yonglin Lei

Hello everyone, I am a student of LaGuardia Community Community. My major is Early Childhood Education. I have been in the United States for more than three years. I am very happy to meet you and study with you. I live in flushing. This year, because of the epidemic, we have to conduct remote classes at home. I hope everyone can be safe during the epidemic.

4. joao cardenas

Hello my name is Joao Cardenas and this is my first year at Laguardia. I am majoring at business administration because I have always been interested to find out how the business industry work also hope to start my own business soon too. I grew up in New York queens and lived here all my life. I like to use basketball as my escape and really enjoy playing the game. This school year is going to be the hardest since everything online but I’m ready to try my best!!!

1. Karlline Delacruz Post author

Hello,
      pleasure to meet you and best of luck on your pursuit in the business administration field. I think that’s a great career option and it will definitely help you get started on owning your own business. Me myself I’m not familiar with the business world its a tad bit confusing for me. The major I’m taking up is Human Services and Mental Health. This school year will be challenging for sure but we must remain positive and goal oriented in order to pull through. Best of luck !

5. Paul Fess

Karlline, welcome to the class! I live in Brooklyn, too. Yes, you’re right, virtual learning is challenging. Don’t hesitate to let me know if there’s anything I can do better!