Blog post #5

For years, technology have made all humans’ activities more confortable and easier. Nowadays, most of the people have a smartphone. Done that a smartphone is a personal device, it carries with it all its owners important information related to his or her live and most important, all his or her interests. This is the reason why smartphones are so important to its owners, they contain all its interests and preferences, making it more atractive than any other thing. On the second episode (named “Space”) of “Ways of hearing” by Damon Krukowski is argued how public spaces are getting privatized when people using their devices and earbuds seem to be by their own, like nothing relevant or interesting is sourrounding them. On the same, the guest Jeremiah Moss share that people moves in ” a private kind of bubble in which to move through public space”, meaning that people refuse to go out of their bubbles to socialize, enjoy or heed their sourroundings. The overall issue is that people don’t interact with the background noises or people, what creates a big bubble of indifference. My opinion, is that this is a conservative way to see it, because I know that I really enjoy public transport, for example, but the best way for me to travel is with my earbuds, with my favourite music and looking throught the window. I don’t evite people or public situations on purpose to mantaing my confort zone, but when i am going to use public transport I don’t expect to be interacting with the people that i would see at least if they are not on my intinerary but i would do it if someone need help or some kind of situation alike. What yesterday was the public square of socialization has been replaced by social media.