Blog Post 4

During the 1950’s and 1960’s the media reported the news a little more restricted than what were used to now. In”Seeing the Race”, Martin Berger talks about the way media handled their storytelling through photos. He says that the white reporters were often showcasing pictures that displays the African American people in an “oppressed”stale. On one side of the token I would say I agree with him. Looking at the images that occupied these articles we’re extremely bias. The images served clear messages for who they were written for. But then on the other side I feel as though you as the viewer or person looking for information find what you seek. Berger mentioned that other writers found images that showed the African American people in a motivational and peaceful state. The way a person thinks, or a person viewpoint, in a certain topic can direct the way they tell a story. As in media alot of what we read may be true stories but the way the person telling the story can get different views. Every writer has a secret duty in writing, to appeal to a certain audience. The audience may not always agree on the images we believe is right. And thats where an individual’s personal preference comes into play.