Blog 5

Listening to “Ways of seeing “podcast really opened my eyes to the truth that everyone is now wrapped in their own bubbles. We use our social media and music to block out the world. For me, the music is an escape. I know some may believe it is a safety hazard or I’m not” living in the moment” . But when we think of all that is outside, especially living in New York City, you have to ask yourself do you truly want to live In the moment. Whether it’s the police sirens, a couple arguing, or racial slurs, none of the sounds of New York City at this time is a moment I want to live in. The inspiration that someone may face in New York, uncontrollably, does not reign the same. So although the bubble may come with a fear of negatives. It helps someone stay zen. It allows us to create a safe space in a world where safety is a constant concern from all angles. Those “living in the moment” times that everyone expects to happen in the world of the public, happen in the true world of personal life. Leaving that bubble to create those moments with your family and close friends, where we all practice the concept of cancelling out the background noise and honing in  on the real interactions that truly matters.