Blog Post #5 Jason H.

Damon Krukkowsi’s podcast named “Ways of Hearing” hit very close to home than usual because it has to do with city life and the many thoughts and sights you see and hear that can cause a whirlwind of thinking. Being a person who isn’t originally from New York the city was a very scary experience for me because of the first time I went. The blinding lights of time square, the beeping of traffic, the constant yelling of people on the street, and most of all the overcrowding. Thinking of what the author and his guests said it brought this sort of nostalgic feeling back to me. The other point of headphones also lines up with my way of thinking. When you wear earbuds it’s like you are alone but you really aren’t as if you had made your own space in one full of people and overcrowding. All of this aligned with Schafer’s argument coincides so well which creates a whole new experience on how I saw the city my first time. It’s just an amazing feeling what listening to this podcast and reading the Schafer argument made in my head and how it all just perfectly aligns with my perception of the world.

2 thoughts on “Blog Post #5 Jason H.

1. Khitam Shohatee

” When you wear earbuds it’s like you are alone but you really aren’t as if you had made your own space in one full of people and overcrowding”. I totally agree with you. I always wear my earbuds because it makes me feel comfortable and make me create my own world.