Blog Post #1

1.According to Gerald Graff and Cathy Birkenstein, writers should use the model of “entering the conversation” in their writing because the templates allow the writer to create such critical thinking arguments and questions that allow them to open a whole new ball game in what can be a proper argument to a certain idea and allow the writer to see not only their perspective but others as well. Throughout the reading, both Graff and Birkenstein start to pose common questions they are asked because of the credibility of the templates. Some said it feels like plagirism and some have said it feels constant and boring. Which caused them to turn the tables on the questions by stating, it shouldn’t be boring if it’s your ideas. This furthers the reason on why writers should use the model of “entering the conversation in their writing.

2.I agree with the smarthistory videos on learning how looking at artwork helps us analyze other situations because like the reading it allows us to use our senses physically as a way to see everything in a different light and interpret its true meaning by using critical thinking and interpretation as a way to extend our thinking palette and to be observant ofd our surrounding like the saying, “there is more that meets the eye.”

3 thoughts on “Blog Post #1

1. Deryck Prashad

Response 1: There are many advantages that come with using the “entering the conversation” model provided by Gerald Graff and Cathy Birkenstein. First, writers can use this model to join in on a conversation and share their thoughts and ideas to their audience and can also get the ideas of their audience without having an argument. As stated, “This method can promote writers to listen to more voices and ideas around them”

Response 2: I agree that learning how to look at artwork helps us analyze other situations because when you look at art, there isn’t just one answer to what that piece of art is about. Two people can look at a painting and see two different things which also helps open a conversation between the two people.

2. Jafari Daines

Jason-

I’m very fond how you articulate your thoughts well.
    Detailed responses that are sufficient.
    It’s good that you pointed how artworks expands our minds for they benefit how we look at our surroundings.

3. Ashley Anderson

I agreed with what you said about the whole template, allowing writers to use critical thinking and question for arguments. Deryck stated that it could also be in the conversation etc. In my opinion, the template is a huge advantage for the writer’s to not use in writing or daily.
    Also, the saying “there is more than meets the eye.” statement I understand because it can make us view differently like never before; also, in the video the art can help us improve our sensing and communicating with people.