Blog Post #5

I think I can relate a lot with Damon Krukkowsi’s idea about how we are privatizing the public. When I used to get on the train everyday to go to school or go to shopping, most people are staring at their phone and either listening to music, watching a video, or reading a news. I often noticed that since people are not aware of their surroundings, they don’t realize when an elderly or pregnant people get on the train and therefore they don’t give up their seat to the people who need it. I myself often wear earbuds too on the train even when I am not listening to anything because sometimes when you are not doing anything some random people starts talking to me and often times they ask for money and things so I get a little scared, so I try to pretend like I am busy looking at my phone and cannot hear anything. I also feel like not many people are talking to each other so even when I am on the train or bus with my family or friends, we just keep quiet often times and just stare at our phones until we get off.