Blog Post #6 I Angel Zamoraa

In “Ways of Hearing Episode 3 – LOVE”, Damon Krukowski states “that digital sound impedes our perception of those sonic qualities that help us experience intimacy”. He explains how intimacy is not the same through digital phones because it does not capture every sound. He explains how the advancement of technology has lost its intimacy feeling because of how engineers have amplified the sound because they have smaller data packages so they can travel around the world. Krukoski states “The sound of our voices in our voices have gotten worse since we switch to digital…” I disagreeĀ  with this because technology has advanced to the point where is much better than it was before. We can now make long distance calls across the world and you actually hear the persons voice no problem. Digital phones have the ability to connect to headphones and you can hear that persons voice to clearly, you can now put your phone on speaker and do other things while on the phone with that person. You can multitask and use your phone to talk and play games. Technology has advanced in many good ways, there still is intimacy in digital calls because we have things like facetime where you can see the person one and one and just laugh and joke around. In my opinion our voices have not gotten worse, but have gotten louder and more clear for the person on the other side to hear you no matter how far they are.

One interesting thing that I found in “How A.S.M.R became a sensation” is that it is a braingasm. ASMR can affect how a person feels and can change their mood based on sounds. Sounds are such a powerful thing and this is prove of that because sound has the ability to make a person feel relaxed, cause less stress just based of ASMR. I myself actually like ASMR videos or sounds because it helps me relax and relieve stress. It calms me down and help me not stress to much about all my real life problems. It is like a whole different world where its just peace.

1 thought on “Blog Post #6 I Angel Zamoraa

1. pabitra

i am highly agree with your opinion about advanced technology doesn’t affect people voice, but it makes voice more louder and clear.