Blog Post #5

Technology nowadays is becoming a tool for people to avoid things they don’t like. on the podcast “Ways of hearing” Krukowski and his guests illustrated how people get disturbed by the noise of the city and try to avoid these noises by using their phones and earbuds to created a whole new environment that is suitable for them. I always see people walking with their eyes on their phones and with their headphones on all the time. As Jeremiah Moss said “a private kind of bubble in which to move through public space”. Earbuds became a tool for people to avoid everything around them. They tend to avoid everyone and be in their own world, especially on the train or crowded places, they’re always are minding their own business and try to avoid communication with others. I strongly relate to Krukwoki’s idea because My home country was quiet and barely a car pass by, but when I first came to New York it was so hard for me to adopt because it was noisy and crowded, therefore, I always use my phone to avoid eye contact with people since it makes me uncomfortable and using earbuds helps me avoid all the noises around me especially if I have to go out early in the morning theses helped me create a more relaxing environment.