Blog post #1

1 – According to Gerald Graff and Cathy Birkenstein, writers should use the model of “entering the conversation” in their writing because it will help you become a much better writer who can participate in debates and conversations in the real world and in your writing. In addition, it helps you become a critical thinker at a much deeper level where you can disagree/agree with others, all while listening to everyone’s point of view. This provides a much deeper conversation with another’s that could potentially change your point of views and or change someone else’s point of view. The advantages of this model are that we listen to others point of views, even those who disagree with us, and than engage with them respectfully, as stated in page 14. It helps us engage into debates and conversations, which also includes a template which provides with higher creativity in order to apply them to any situation.

2 –  The smarthistory videos discuss how learning to look at artwork help us analyze other situations, which I strongly agree with because  learning how to look at artwork can help us get a better understanding of a paining. It’ll help us get a deeper understanding by analyzing every single detail, get a better understanding of what the message of the artwork is, ask ourselves questions based on the painting and make sure we don’t miss any details in the painting. This can be applied into the real world situations. For example as stated in the video “How art can help you analyze” cops and doctors need these skills in order to solve a crime scene or identify an illness someone has based of their analytical skills. If they have mastered the how too look at artwork it will make it easier for cops to solve crime scenes, pay attention to all the details and ask themselves questions leading to the crime being solved more quickly and thoroughly.

1 thought on “Blog post #1

1. Yingxin Tan

I really agree with you. Your opinion is clear and persuasive. From your sentences, I found that you could easily use various clauses. I hope I can learn more from you.